Online Teacher Training Program
Become A Laurie Berkner's The Music in Me Licensed Teacher or supplement your teaching & song repertoire
"My online teacher Licensing program prepares you to get Licensed to teach Laurie Berkner's The Music in Me classes. I've created these classes based on my music and philosophy of teaching music to kids from the years I’ve spent working with them."
Are you a musician who plays guitar and sings, and who enjoys working with kids? Do you want to explore that further? Are you already a music teacher and want to expand your skill set or learn new ways to connect to kids using music? Would you like to learn Laurie Berkner songs that are time-tested to encourage kids to develop their own natural love of music?
My online teacher Licensing program prepares you to get Licensed to teach Laurie Berkner's The Music in Me classes. I've created these classes based on my music and philosophy of teaching music to kids from the years I’ve spent working with them.
What You'll Get:
- A better understanding of how to use music to manage a classroom, as well as what fosters a love of music in young children
- A full curriculum of easy-to-process videos featuring Laurie, teaching you the philosophy and techniques of the program to prepare you to teach your own classes.
- Song videos to help you learn more than 85 Laurie Berkner Band songs, plus chord and lyric sheets.
- Quizzes after each section to be sure you are on track.
- One-on-one communications via email and video chat with Laurie Berkner to discuss your progress and deepen your understanding of the program.
- Administrative tools and guidelines to help you start your own classes.
- Branding tools, including program logos for placement on your website/business cards.
- Support from the Laurie Berkner’s The Music in Me team.
- Access to exclusive opportunities, such as birthday parties, booking tools, graphics, and more.
- Access to the full library of Laurie Berkner's The Music in Me song recordings to send to your classes for download.
We currently have 3 different options for your course payment:
- You can choose to pay the full amount of $499 with a one time payment. To choose this plan click here.
- You can choose the 10 week payment plan which is $50.00 a week plus transaction fees. If you are interested in a payment plan please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can choose the 20 week payment plan which is $25.00 a week plus transaction fees. If you are interested in a payment plan please email email@example.com
Recommended time to complete the training: 7 weeks
Structure of the training: Broken into training "pods", each pod includes training and philosophy videos as well as song videos so you can learn the music as you learn how to teach the classes. Each pod is followed by a quiz for maximum mastery. Partway through the program, you will send videos of yourself playing a group of songs and receive feedback from Laurie Berkner. Once you've completed the training, you will submit an essay and be required to send a video of yourself teaching a demo class. You will either be Licensed after a video call with Laurie, or you will receive notes on how to improve in order to get Licensed.
Note: This training is for people who play guitar at an intermediate (or higher) level and are comfortable singing in front of a class of children and adults. Taking the training does not guarantee Licensing. If you do not get Licensed on your first try, you may be reevaluated up to 3 times within the first year. You will have one year from the beginning of the program to get Licensed. Once Licensed, teachers are required to pay a 15% licensing fee per Laurie Berkner’s The Music in Me class. Please see Terms and Conditions below to decide if this program is right for you!
Terms and Conditions: Click here for the program Terms and Conditions, which include all the information you will need to know for taking the training and becoming Licensed, including your teacher responsibilities, licensing fees, and what you will get from the program!
"Working with Laurie Berkner and experiencing all that The Music In Me has to offer has been a wonderful opportunity! Laurie's music brings so much good energy and happiness to my early childhood classroom setting. Using music and movement to help children grow and learn is rewarding - circle time has been so much fun for all of us! I look forward to bringing TMIM classes to my home town so that children and caregivers outside of my classroom are able to share in the happiness that Laurie's music brings."
- Michelle Flaherty